The objective of FOAL is that everyone, irrespective of age, having a disability, or accessing the web from unconventional technologies, can navigate the pages of this website without encountering access difficulties.
To this end, the development of foal.once.org has been based on compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 established by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
Some of the functionalities implemented in FOAL to allow you to access all the contents of the web more easily are:
- The visual characteristics of the portal (typeface, font colour and background, etc.) are defined by the style sheet so that the user can adjust the text to their preferences.
- The font sizes have been defined with relative units, so you can expand or decrease the font size from the browser menu.
- If a user accesses FOAL with a browser that does not support style sheet, it will not present a problem, since all contents can be accessed in the same way with the CSS deactivated.
- The pages have a clear structure, both for the user who can view all the content, and for the user who reads the information with a screen reader or for users who deactivate the style sheet, etc. Bearing this in mind, the section headers, lists and all the elements that help the general understanding of the website have been defined using the HTML code.
- The HTML code used adjust itself to the formal grammars to guarantee the correct visualisation of the contents using different browsers.
If you have any difficulties accessing the contents of FOAL, please do not hesitate to contact us.
For this you can write an e-mail to email@example.com or use the contact form.